Monday, August 6, 2007

Time for a bum whipping

Okay, so I was recently asked why I don't have hobbies like my husband. (he volunteers in a boy scout troop, runs a baseball team, watches football)

Well, first of all I do have hobbies. I garden, decorate my home, and blog, not to mention that during the school year I am a teacher and when I leave work, my work comes with me.

To which the response was, well that's not really a hobby you just stay home, you don't really leave the house.

AAARRGGGGHH! Where is my shotgun?????

Now instead of replying with a verbal assault that would have caused this person to cry and run in fear, I just gave a dirty/sarcastic look and walked away. WHY DIDN'T I RESPOND?????? Now I am regretting it and the RAGE is building up inside of me!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Frasier said...

Hi
I can agree with you on this one !!
I rarely leave my house but theres tons to do inside it!!People dont realise that hobbies can be done while sitting inside the house and not all of them involve going out!!
BTW I am Frasiers mommy and saw you guys around other blogs so I decided to pay a visit!

Ferndoggle said...

Why would I want to leave the house??? Too many freaks out there. I LIKE my house. I can read, I can watch movies, I can blog, I can sew, I can cook, I can garden...

My response to stupid questions like that is usually "Why do you care???".

Jen

Tadpole said...

Oh I am the WORST when it comes to talking to people like that. I usually just mumble "oh... I don't know...." and amble away with a furtive look in my eye. Good grief. My annoyance and frustrations are with you. :-)

~ Hannah