Friday, August 10, 2007

Stupid Condo and Lovely Flowers

So, we figured out the problem with the cable, our stupid condo complex, the cable can't be split for internet in the bedrooms, so we have to keep the computer in our living room. I can't tell you how much time and money I spent to fix up our place (still a lot more to do).


Look how crappy the computer makes the living room look. Now I have to go out and buy new computer stand and chair. AHHHHHH!

I'm adding this to the list of things I hate about this place















1. stupid pet fee ($100 per month per dog~ I swear they are pocketing the money)
2. thin walls and uneven floors
3. managment company stealing money (they've been kicked out of other condos)
4. A few ignorant board members who are just a waste of space and stealing valuable air that we intelligent humans need to breathe
5. terrible cable connections

If I could go back I would have scruitinized this place. When we buy a townhouse IN THE FAR FUTURE I now know what to look for and what I don't want.
.
.
.
At least I have my gardens, when it stops raining I will post pictures of the outside garden, but here's my sanctuary, my porch, my flowers.




































We only get the sun for a few hours, so I have to leave my plants on the ledge. At least they look gorgeous.














the pot with the low flowers is my basil, I also had orgenano but I accidently dropped it. I thought I killed the basil when I dumped a whole packet of seeds in the pot, but after a slow growth, it is alive and kicking. Once the weather gets colder, I keep in in the house and hopefully it will still grow.
















my beautiful hibiscus plant, I moved onto my porch from outside, I learned that it would not survive the winter. I get lots of sun in my condo, so hopefully it will last all winter.




















This is my sanctuary!!!! One day I will have a large porch and large garden. ONE DAY!!!!!!

4 comments:

Frasier said...

That looks so pretty...your garden.
Our living room has the same problem because the wireless internet will not work anywhere else !!I had to put the computer over Frasiers toy basket!!
I am guest blogging on another blog on health stuff like ayurveda and homeopathy mainly as a user and not a doctor !But I plan on doing one on basil soon.Will send you a link

leah said...

too bad you couldn't rent the place before you bought it... and that fee is outrageous, especially if you're not renting! (here it's a one-time $250 desposit and you get a portion of it back if your pet doesn't destroy everything)

your santuary looks very peaceful. and that lovely statue of balboa cracks me up! hee hee!

anyway thanks for linking me up and i'm looking forward to reading more of your blog!

survivingbella said...

Woof Woof, number 600. Can't believe it. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I would pee on the hat if it was on me. Hmmmmm, since it was on Bella maybe I will pee on it if it is still on her. Would teach her a lesson to be nice to me. What do you think??

Survivor

Ferndoggle said...

My porch is my sanctuary. I have a large garden in my backyard but the poison ivy has kept me from weeding it as much as I should & it's a mess. I prefer potted plant with flowers. I love my veggie garden though & have an overabundance of tomatoes this year! yeah, me! My lettuce & basil are dead. Too much heat.

That fee is obnoxious! Balboa is totally worth it though :o).

Jen