Steak: So I started by marinating the steaks in olive oil, water, balsamic and white vinegar, barbecue sauce, and adding lots and lots of spices (orgeano, parsley, basil, garlic powder, chives) I let the steak marinate for about 3 1/2 hours (In my opinion the key to a great steak is marinating it) sorry to busy eating the steak to take a picture of it cooked.
Brown Rice: I use minute rice, it is easy and fast to use.
Peppers: Organic frozen mixed peppers, again, I LOVE MARINATING! I defrosted the pepper strips by running under luke warm water in a collander, then marinated them in olive oil and baslamic vinegar and my spices of choice (see above). When it was time to cook the peppers, I sauteed them in a pan for about 20 minutes (also add the juice they marinated in).
DINING ROOM.....
Okay, so I love my dining room. Sure I wish I had a bigger place and eventually we will take up the carpet and sand and finish the parque floors that the previous owners covered for some strange reason!?!?!?!?
I used to have a blue and then cream colored table cloth on the table, but I love the color of the wood and think it looks beautiful. When we eat we put an cheap table cloth on the table and just shake it out and fold it back up when were done. Tony complains about alll the work of taking the table cloth out and then putting it back. Why are men so lazy?????
So why do I love my dining room. First of all the color!
I also love this print, my sister bought it for me, she got it from The Christmas Tree Shops.
My mother got me this decorative bow at Home Goods.
My mother also got me this two tiered serving basket also at Home Goods (sorry, the photos sideways, and I forgot to turn it)
Our beautiful chandelier from Lowes, the shades are white glass. We love it!
A star I just love from Cape Cod Crafters
The hutch we bought from Gothic Cabinet Crafters many many many years ago. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE baskets and will buy tons of baskets, you can always find a use for a basket, in closets, in drawers, or just for decoration~form and function!!!!!
4 comments:
Hi Karen...Seadra and Zoe's Mom here (Jessica). I also have a blog seperate from Seadra and Zoe's. I had this one for about a year before I started Seadra and Zoe's. I mostly just ramble on about family/kid stuff.
Great job with your "spare me the drama" blog. I love the way you post your recipes. I'll have to try some.
Some people think my blogging is a waste of time and that I need a "life" but I think it's a wonderful way to be creative and it also combines my passions for my family, my dogs, photography, writing. It's a great release for me. Well, you know.......
And we get to meet great people like you and Balboa.
Hi Marinating lady!!
My husbands name is Tony too!He is half Italian though on his fathers side.
I love that space ,the colors are beautifully blended.
i love the browns and blues!!!
by the way, 152 is the class number, but there are over 300 kids in the class... it's a huge lecture and all us lucky grad students get our own sections (around 30 students) to teach.
and i'm now only going to work my other job on the weekends. i'm supposed to be doing 10 hours of marketing and 10 hours of teaching-related stuff a week. CRAZY.
i just put up a little memorial for sadie in my apartment. it's very sad, but i feel so much better that i put together something to honor her life.
I LOVE the brown paint!! Our house is painted all kinds of crazy colors...we have no white walls. But we have no brown! Hmmmmm, what can I change?
I only ever use brown minute rice...I think it's just as good as the stuff that takes an hour to cook!
Scott will be happy that I'm now inspired to make steak this weekend! He thanks you.
Jen
Post a Comment