Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back to work and RAMBLING

Sorry in advance form my rambling.

Tomorrow I have to go back to work, at least we have curriculum planning. The students don't come back till the 5th.

Yesterday, we attended an annual family bbq. I had a nice time, but was very happy to see my two uncles (father's brothers). I haven't seen them in years. We got a lot of great pictures.

my father, uncle Benny(oldest), Uncle Louis (youngest)















in the back my two uncles, Tony and I on the left, Barbara next to Tony (uncle Benny's companion), and my Parents on the right.

















So I didn't get to exercise yesterday, since I had a lot of cooking to do. Though it was so horribly hot and humid, so I think I may have sweated about 2 pounds of fat off.

I made chicken wings and my gluten free cake (which tates like cornbread ~ it was different but DELICIOUS!) Should have taken pics, next time I will

I used my slowcooker, which I got for free from all my visa card points. So now I'm making a meatloaf and plan to make chicken, potatoes, and mushrooms later on in the slowcooker too. I'll make sure I add the recipe and take pictures. Figure I got to start making dinner and lunch for the week.

So, I plan to get ready for work tomorrow and enjoy the evening with my hibby, since we won't see each other till Friday, when we go camping.

Okay, more rambling later on,

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ehjoy your last evening work free. I hope the school year gets off to a good start for you tomorrow but I guess you really won't know until the 5th. Our kids go back to school on the 4th. Our son Caleb is a senior this year...it's weighing heavy on me!! *sigh* And Jordan is a sophomore.

Does Balboa get to go camping too?

Nice day with you family.

Jessica

leah said...

hope you enjoy your last few moments of sanity before work starts!

great family pic -- i'm assuming balboa took it since he's missing from the picture? ;)

Ferndoggle said...

Mmmmmmm, chicken wings! Hope you're surviving your first day. I cleaned my house this weekend from top to bottom and think I lost 5 lbs of water weight from sweating!

Jen