Thursday, August 23, 2007

Silly hubby & back on track

So, my hubby and I have talked about this in length.

If we ever have kids, which is a long way off. He would be the stay-at-home parent. Now I kinda laugh because I know he is attracted to the stay-at-home part. He has no clue what it will be like to stay home with an infant, if I even let him. There are times that I have to remind him to play with Balboa, feed Balboa, or take Balboa out, heck I'm the one who makes his food. If he can't take care of Balboa how would he possibly care for an infant????

He recently spoke to an acquaintance of ours, who is a stay at home mom. When she told him just a FEW of the things she did on a daily basis, she said he turned white. hmmmmm. Not so easy huh!?!?!?

Why are men so clueless and helpless? Or is it just my hubby?

















So Jen and I have agreed to kind of be each other's cheerleaders when it comes to getting back into shape. So every day, I will post about what I ate and how much I exercised, I know I said that before, but this time I really mean it. I don't want to embarras myself after saying it twice and I really really really want to be able to wear my lovley and fahsionable outfits.

UPDATE:::::
I exercised.....woooohoooo! It finally hit me, I hate machines and I hate paying for and going the gym. Duh, I LOVE to dance and I have all these music channels. So I alternated between DISCO and 70's and boogied away for 25 minutes(for me that's a lot). I also have my IPOD, so I can hook that to the computer and dance to that music too. I know I'm using every muscle, I fantasize that I'm dancing away, practicing all my cool moves, and shaking my booty. I think I look fabulous, though everyone would think I look like Napoleon Dynomite. hee hee

The best part is I don't have to leave Balboa behind, he just sleeps and every so often pops an eye open to make sure the person jumping around is his mother and not some lunatic.

5 comments:

Frasier said...

I' ll try and make you guys accountable !!
Just joking but its good to have a buddy system.
did you check out Fit day.It really helps me since I know that I have to log everything every day.
Also there is an online gym called demandfitness and it offers many classes.the best part is that you can buy a one day pass for .99 cents.It is valid from morning till evening.I generally get a one day pass occasionally learn the exercise and do it by myself at home!!!they have dance,ballet,pilates,kick boxing etc
Sad part is that I know all this and let myself blow up!!!
I absolutely love Napolean Dynamite....my most fav movie

Jessica said...

When the day comes that you do have a child, I guarantee you that you will be surprised and totally blown away at what an awesome Father your husband will be. That's what happened to me. He will step up to the plate and do all that is necessary and beyond for that infant.....it's truely magical.

I can just picture Balboa watching you dance....lol

Keep on dancing!!!

Jessica

Tadpole said...

Oh goodness. Anytime I do ANYTHING even remotely resembling excercise in the house, Fig has a FIT. She barks like a maniac and runs around like someone's trying murder her and leaps around like she's doing the high jump and then Tad gets worried because she's freaking out and he starts screaming and it's just a horrible, horrible experience. :-) Balboa's such a sweetie!

~ Hannah

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hello! or should I SHOUT HELLO! cos we are all the way up here in Bonnie and very sunny and warm Scotland.

Just go ahead, shell out the kids.....leave them with hubby.....the kids will soon teach him how to do all the "perfect dad" stuff.

He will be a professional, like me, in no time!

Go on, go for it, what have you got to lose!!

I have three ankle biters and I never originally wanted any kids, but I would not ever want to be without them now! They are my best pals!

Take care and thanks for commenting on our blog!

Jeannie and Marvin xxxxxxxx Hugs to Balboa!

Ferndoggle said...

3 dogs is enough to convince me I never want kids!! I'd love to be a stay at home dog-Mom!!

I have another Blog "No Dogs Allowed" (click on my profile to get the link) that I will post my daily food & exercise. And I promise to give you a hard time if you miss a few days if you'll do the same! :o).

I hate machines too...we have an eliptical machine, a treadmill & and bike plus a corner weight machine. They're IN MY HOUSE! But I totally hate them and would much rather dance. I may try your idea!

Jen