Tuesday, August 28, 2007

menu and planning

Well today I ate less, but did not exercise. I am exhausted from grocery shopping and installing a printer. Tony bought a "all in one" printer, our old one was worn out, but he is not too sure on how to set it up, so I did that. Plus I had to make more of Balboa's food.

Breakfast:
2 eggs
1 slice sodium free bacon
2 homeade biscuits
large coffee

Lunch:
1 slice meatloaf
1 baked sweet potato (without butter)

Snacks:
apple
banana

Dinner:
1 tuna and avocado roll
2 slices of cheddar cheese
1 slice of swiss cheese
1 cup sangria
.
.
.
.
I also feel bad, we are going camping again this weekend. I would love to take Balboa and could if I wanted but am too afraid that he will freak out, get stung, or get loose and run off. I called too late for Marta's Vineyard, so they are completley full. So we have to bring him to the vet, because of the holiday weekend, we can't pick him up till Tuesday. That means I won't get to see him till I get home from work on Tuesday. I feel awlful, I feel as if I am abandoning him.

What do you think? Am I am awful person?

5 comments:

leah said...

too bad we don't live closer -- i hear i'm a pretty darn good dogsitter. =)

that does suck though. does he hate being boarded? even if he does, i wouldn't be TOO concerned about leaving him there an extra day (i think we had to do that with fig and tad once). just be sure to give him LOTS of treats when he comes home!

Jessica said...

No you are not an awful person. You're concerned about Balboa and that's what a wonderful Mommy like you does.

Balboa will miss you but he will be fine. That will make the Tuesday reunion all the more special.

You don't have family or friends that would take Balboa for the weekend? We are very fortunate because my parents take both Seadra and Zoe when we need to leave our fury kids behind.

I wish we lived closer so we take Balboa for you. But maybe that's a bad idea. I'd probably want to go and get a frenchie then.

Frasier said...

Me too...I dog sit for friends
But you are not a bad mommy.I take it this way....our little babies need to get away from us for a bit and so do you !
I wish you had someone close by though.

Ferndoggle said...

Karen! You're doing so well!! I am totally craving meatloaf and as it's supposed to be in the 70s this weekend...I'm making it!

Your dinner sounds about as perfect as they get. I love cheese, I love sangria, I love avocados!! Yum.

Don't sweat not exercising everyday. I think that's a totally unrealistic expectation and you'll just get frustrated if you try. Shoot for 3-4 days a week to start & go from there.

Keep up the good work!

Jen

Ferndoggle said...

Oh & about Balboa...you are a super Mommy and should not feel ONE BIT guilty about leaving him for the weekend. He knows the Vet and is comfortable there.

Even though they are "fur" kids, Mom & Dad need some time away from their little ones. It's good for you two to spend some time alone...in the woods...snuggling under the stars. Ah! I am so totally jealous!

Have a great time!

Jen