Tuesday, August 14, 2007

EASY Balsamic Chicken, Corn on the cob, and potato wedge dinner

Not only did my hubby like the dinner it was so easy to make. I had almost no preperation time, I cooked the potoates first since they would take the longest and then lowered the heat and cooked the chicken. (Pictures were taken after half the food was eaten)


1.
The corn: I bought fresh organic corn, still in the husks. I boiled the corn in a large pot for about half and hour until it was bright yellow and tender. I let my husband add his own butter, since it was fresh and juicy he hadded very little butter.


















2.
I bought frozen (PLAIN/unseasoned) potatoe wedges, and added my own seasoning. I added oregano, parsley, garlic powder, and dill. I coated the pan and cooked the potatoe wedges at 450 for about 30-35 minutes (we like them crispy)

















3.
Chicken: I bought Perdue thin sliced chicken breasts, marinated them in balsamic vinegar for five hours, then coated the pan with Pam, added more balsamic vinegar and olive oil to the pan. Placed the chicken on the pan and covered in garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and dill. Coook for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. The chicken stayed tender since it was laying in the olive oil and vinegar while baking.





6 comments:

Ferndoggle said...

I have not had enough corn this season! OMG it looks insanely good. As does everything else. I LOVE to see what other people are eating!

I usually cook my corn in the microwave (because we have no AC). And inch of water on the bottom of the dish, cover with plastic warm, nuke for 14 minutes. It comes out perfect everytime!!

Jen

Frasier said...

Wow,That looks so good.It sounds pretty easy to make too.
My husband is a pain to cook for.He eats about 5 things !!But corn is one of them.
That chicken sounds great too.My problem with chicken is that it stays tatseless in the middle but this was not...I guess because it lay in the vinegar and olive oild while cooking.
There is a website on my links page called dessert candy,check her out if you have a free moment.She is good!I found her on blogs of note.

Frasier said...

I have to explain that I am not good at typing!I type with one finger and leave out words sometimes !!

leah said...

"almost no preperation time"?! are you kidding me?! i'm too ashamed to disclose the type of food i live off of....

looks delicious!

Tadpole said...

Karen my dear, you are my hero. Seriously. I WISH I could motivate myself to cook. Anything. Besides ramen noodles in the microwave. *sigh*

~Hannah

survivingbella said...

YUM Mom likes to cook too, but since it is just her, she usually forgoes. Too bad, cuz then I would eat really good. Have yet to figure out the fridge thing yet.

Later,
Survivor