Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Meatloaf Recipe

With Meatloaf you can add anything you like or want. Each time I make it I always experiment and add different ingredients. This is a quick and easy meal ~ in my opinion that is! PLUS IT'S GLUTEN FREE!

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup uncooked brown rice (will cook in oven)
basil, chives, oregano, garlic powder any spices/herbs of your choice
1 cup corn
1 cup asparagus ~ cut into small pieces you can use any veggies you choose, I sometimes use carrots, potatoes, broccoli, green beans, etc....
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon water


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix ground beef, rice, spices and herbs, egg, 1/2 cup of corn, 1/2 cup of asapagus in a large bowl
3. Place in coated pan in the shape of a loaf and spread the rest of the corn and asparagus around the loaf


4. Mix the ketchup, barbecue sauce, and water, and spread evenly over meatloaf and vegetables.

Cook in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until completely cooked!





WHEN IT'S DONE..... YOU HAVE A TASTY MEAL! (I forgot to take a pic of the whole loaf after it was cooked,this is just one slice. You can make homemade fries or mashed potatoes as a side to compliment this meatloaf. )

3 comments:

Frasier said...

It looks yum !

Ferndoggle said...

I LOVE meatloaf...with a big side of scalloped potatoes! It's one of my favorite comfort foods.

Yours looks delicious. I've never tried it with rice and it like that it has veggies IN it.

Thanks!

Jen

Lacy said...

hi,
i will have to try that, it does look delish...just found ur blog..dont know why i never checked it out b4...

claudette (lacylulu's mama)