I LOVE the fall, but a few wonderful things are coming to an end.
First of all, no more staying home all day in pajamas playing with Balboa. No more keeping the house super clean and organized. No more blogging on the computer ALL DAY LONG.
Second of all, no more seeing my hubby during the week. He works nights and comes home at 11:30. I miss not seeing him for dinner or just sitting with him and watching TV. I MISS HIM. I'm not scared when I'm alone at night, just worried if there is an emergency with Balboa, WHAT DO I DO?
Third of all, I have to get off my lazy butt and work, work, work (I'm a HS reading Specialist) . This year I am working with the same two high school programs, but they are on different campuses, so I must be REALLY REALLY organized get my act together. I have to coordinate and plan lessons with teachers, test all the students, and organize my schedule to see students within group and individual sessions.
The only good thing is that I have to get back into shape. I think working and running back and forth between campuses will prevent me from eating too much. In addition I am FORCING myself to start exercising. I think walkiung around town two nights a week and doing yoga two times a week should do the trick. I have lots of great clothes, but can't fit into any of them anymore!!!!
6 comments:
Hi Karen.....I can sure see why you want summer to continue. Those are great summer days you're describing. It is the best day when I can stay in my pj's all day and do whatever I want...including blogging all day!!
My summers tend to be slower at work for me too. I am a nurse for a group of surgeons. My dr's take a lot of vacation time in the summer and I get to enjoy the time off that they take too. In the fall my schedule will drastically pick up.
Although, I do love fall weather!! It's been raining all day and a cool 70 degrees here....I love it, even with the rain.
Hope you have a good week, Jessica
i LOVE school but i hate all the terrifying amounts of stress and having toooooooo much to do. why can't the world revolve around my laid-back pace?!
i'd love the job title of "reading specialist" -- except i'd take it quite literally and stay in bed all day reading. i consider myself a specialist in that. =)
hope you find time to keep blogging!
That sounds like my life!!!
I hate summer too.You are going to be so busy in the fall!
About the diet bit...I had gained some weight but am on a diet now.No hard and fast rules,just cutting off excess calories and some running.I maintain a daily log on fitday.com and it helps me so much.I have done pretty well..lost 5 lbs so far in 4 weeks.
Thanks for stopping by my "Through The Viewfinder" Blog. You have the honor of being the first to visit me and comment.
I loved your comment about pictures and teaching. That is one of my reasons for making a photo blog; to make people think and form opinions. I love it!!
That is my Dad in the picture with his dog. And you are right...In his hand that you cannot see he is teasing Lu-Lu.
Karen,
So funny...I was teasing my Mom the other day (she's an SED teacher) when she was complaining about going back to school "Oh boo hoo...poor Mom has to go back to school after having a 3 month vacation". I'm totally just jealous!
And I seriously need to get on a weightloss plan ASAP. I eat pretty healthy but my main exercise is walking the dogs. As it's been so hot, my 1 1/2 hours has dwindled to 30 minutes tops. I miss my fun clothes!!! I'll be happy to cheer you on if you'll give me a kick in the butt every now & then!
Jen
Hi Karen
There's nothing worse than having a vacation - however long or short - and being reluctant to go back to work.
Hope you feel recharged though.
Kate
Post a Comment