Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Truthful Tuesdays & Rough Weekend

This weeks's Truthfull Tuesday, from Confessions of a Working Mom, is about Ghost Stories.

Do you believe in Ghosts?

Confessions from a Working Mom


I absolutely believe in ghosts and spirits. I think of as ghosts scary and harmful, but spirits as benevolant.  I have always believed that spirits surrounded us and protected us, loved ones here to keep a watch over us. 

Soon after I got pregnant, after many years of trying, I was laying in bed at night.  The light from the TV cast a shadow on the vacuum, up on the ceiling was a shadow of an angel. NO JOKE!  It looked exactly like an angel kneeling down with a halo above her head.  I tried to get a picture but flash threw off the shadow.  For months I would not let my husband move the vacuum. 

My son was born early and had a rough.  I was home alone with him many times, and I would hold him in my arms he would look at me as I talked to him and then suddenly he would look over my shoulder and give the biggest cheese grin ever! I got this feeling that someone was standing over me, scared that someone was in the house I slowly turned around to see nothing.  This happened so many times when I was alone with Anthony.   They became few and far between as he approached 2 1/2 months. 

I truly believe my Grandma Angie was there.  I know everyone says that when a newborn baby smiles it just gas.  I think it is more than that, I had a feeling that she was there. Or was it another benevolant relative wanting to protect and love my miracle boy.


Rough Weekend

What a weekend!  My little man has been so sick, he had a cold and it just gets worse and worse.  He was wheezing and had a rattling in his chest.  So Sunday morning, I called for a sick appt at our doctors office.  We got an appointment for 11:45, just as we were leaving my in-laws arrived.  My MIL came with me, thankfully I did not go alone.  So we get to the doctors office, and while we are in the room being treated an ice storm starts!!!!!! Everything is coated in ice, highways and roads are closed, and accidents everywhere.   So my MIL, Anthony and I are stuck in at the doctors office, I am totally freaking out because I don't have new snow tires on my Saturn Vue yet (the tires are bald) and we only had a bottle for him.  I hadn't eaten figuring I would eat after the appointment. 

We waited in the hallway for 1 hour playing with Anthony, then once it started raining and melting we drove to CVS to get baby food and then the diner so I could eat on the way home.  Since all the highways were closed since they were still iced we took the side roads home.  I don't like driving in this weather, but now with Anthony in the car, it was so scared for him.  Thankfully he slept the whole time since he was so tired and sick.

It took forever to get home, the roads were icy in some spots.  We left the house at 10:50 to make the appointment and didn't get home till 3:15!  Once my MIL and I got home we chugged down wine like it was water.  My in-laws had to spend the night, since they couldn't drive home (FIL can't drive in the dark - but that's another story). 

Now on to Anthony:  he is still sick and using the nebulizer, which he probably should have been given at the last sick visit.  He is still wheezing when he breathes and is stuffed up and coughing up a storm.  I hate to see him like this.  He is such a happy little guy, he smiles and laughs all the time, and to see him like this is so unsettling. 

My FIL has asthma and allergies, my two nephews have allergies and one has asthma.  I am so scared that Anthony will have asthma too, or even be allergic to our dog.  I know its not the worst that could happen and I should be thankful thats all it is.  I still feel guilty for stopping nursing. I know I couldn't continue due to repeated breast infections and he never latched on and was still pumping when he was two months.  I had to stop for my own health in order to care for him.  I still wonder if I had continued would he not have these health issues???????

2 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I believe in ghosts, absolutely. Although in researching recently for something I'm writing I've learned there are two types of hauntings -- residual and traditional. Residual hauntings are just stored energy from previous events that were maybe traumatic or emotional...the spirit can't see you...it's just energy.

Your story sounds more like a guardian angel. My boyfriend lost his dad when he was young. He went to a very well-respected psychic a few years ago and the psychic told him his dad was in the room with him, standing just behind him. That he's always with him, watching over him.

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I have been trying to get to your blog ALL DAY LONG! For some reason, my work computer wouldn't load your site... grrr... but I'm here now!!!

I totally believe your son was smiling at your Grama-- then again, I am a believer in the first place!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com