Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Give-a-way & Can it Get any Worse?????

Check out the Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? GIVEAWAY from Confessions from a Working Mom.  Go over to her site and put your name in. 

>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<
My son has been so sick see previous post. My dad is retired and watching him during the day since he is too sick to go to daycare.  When I got home from work, Anthony was not doing any better, in fact he was coughing non stop and wheezing so bad.  I called the doctors office and got an emergecny sick appointment for 5:45 pm. 

When we finally got to the appointment, Anthony's hands and feet were purple!!!!!!!  I was terrified and could only think of the worst.  The doctor on duty thoroughly checked him out and sent him over for an x-ray.  Thankfully he did not have pnemonia, but has bronchiolitis - which can lead to hosptilization if not treated.  This doctor told me to increase the number of times I give him the nebulizer. 

My DH is bringing him back in tomorrow for a follow-up with Anthony's pediatrician. We have a lot of questions...... I am worried that my son will be suseptible to respiratory infections because of this and being 5 weeks premature.  I told DH he is not allowed to leave until he feels he knows what is going on with our son. 



4 comments:

Peanut said...

I'm sorry he is sick. I hope it doesn't last long

Carma Sez said...

Scary times....My son had a lots of respiratory issues as an infant, also using the nebulizer - frequent bouts of croup - but he has fortunately outgrown it all *knock on wood* hopefully it will be the same with your little boy.

Welcome to SITS! We're glad you joined :-)

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

So sorry to hear about your son, it's so terrifying. My brother had very similar problems as a young child but like Carma's son he eventually grew out of it. I hope he feels better soon. Stopping in from SITS to welcome you to the group.

i said...

Oh poor Anthony, hope he feels better soon. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.