Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas


Our tree has a history.  After two years of buying real trees, we decided to buy a fake tree.  well my husband took it upon himself and bought went out and bought a fake tree.  He came home all proud and opened the box up.  Well out came the sickest looking fake tree ever. It was so thin and looked like it was missing a whole bunch of branches.  This year when we put it out and decorated it, we needed to secure the top of tree to the wall with fishing line, it looked like the tree was going to fall over.  Needless to say we need a new tree for  next year.




Here are some of my favorite ornaments:

We bought this at a Christmas Superstore while on vacation in Pennsylvavia. I loved that we would have four stockings in our home instead of three.  They personalized it for free!

















Then we of course had to get one for our new son. 
















My mom bought this ornament the fisrt Christmas we had Balboa, I still love looking at it.  It brings back so many great memories.
















Then of course our first Christmas as a married couple.  How could I leave this out. 

















2 comments:

Peanut said...

Sometimes sickly looking trees are the best. They have character.

Happy Cathy said...

The blog looks great! You're gonna have to teach me some tricks. Love the tree and ornaments...I'm an ornament lover.