Friday, December 11, 2009

Five Question Friday - Dec 11th

Its Five Question Friday by Mama M.  I just love this game!!!!!!!  I



Copy and paste the questions on your blog and answer the questions.


1. Does Santa wrap the presents he leaves at your house?  All presents are wrapped at our house, even if we know what Santa is bringing.  It is so much fun to open a wrapped gift.  Our dog Balboa loves to destroy boxes, so we even wrap a few empty boxes just for him.  This year will be fun with our little miracle Anthony.  I can't wait to see how he reacts to the presents, he just might like the paper more than the toys. 


2. When is your "big" Christmas celebration...Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Tell us about it...
Definately Christmas Eve.  It is at our place again.  Last year it was just DH and me ( I was preggo with Anthony). This year will be a big celebration.  Our first Chrsitmas as parents, my parents's First Christmas as Grandparents.  My sister and her husband are coming up too.  

We waited many years to be blessed with a child, so to be able to celebrate the holiday through his eyes will be wonderful.


3. Are you big on keeping tradition every year? Absolutely!  Now that we have a family of our own, it is so much easier to stick with traditions.  Christmas Eve at our place, modified Italian Chrsitmas Eve (mixture of seafood and more basic Italian food). I have always wanted to have an Italian Christmas Eve, but who was I to make any demands.  Well now that we have a family, this is what we are going to do EVERY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!  

This year we used a Thanksgiving photo for our Christmas card, I will keep that tradition going. While everyone uses Christmas photos, I like the idea of being different and showing both holidays on one card. 



4. Do colored lights or white lights tickle your fancy?  I just LOVE white lights. I prefer snowmen, snowflakes and white lights.  I had a nice collection of snowmen and snowflak ornaments, but now we have been getting many "Baby's First Christmas" type ornaments.  While they are special, there is nothing like a tree covered in all white.  Just makes me feel like a winter wonderland in my house.


5. Do you decorate outside your house for Christmas?  Unfortunately, no.  We live in a condo and can't decorate the outside.  Luckily I have truly awesome neighbors/friends right next to us (we share the same upper hallway).  I try to decorate with a few winter wonderland themed decoreations.   The two downstairs condos can't complain caue the decorations in no way affect them getting into their condos. 

No comments: