Monday, December 21, 2009

Overall Crazieness & Monday Meals

So, it has just been crazy beyond belief these past few days.

First off, my son is doing much better, he is no longer wheezing and is only on the nebulizer twice a day.  My DH is taking him to the doctors today to just make sure and find out when to start the prevenative medicine in the nebulizer. 

Even though the weekend just past, I feel like I got nothing done.  I still have Christmas shopping to do, but no money.  My DH has said that it is okay to get his gifts late, I will be able to buy his gift cards when I get paid on the 23rd.  So at least he will know what I got him but won't get them in the mail till after Christmas.

We are having Chrismtas Eve at my house, my parents, sister and BIL will be over.  I have a wonderful modified Itallian Christmas Eve planned.  I will let you know more about my menu next post.


)~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~(

Next:
Since I missed Savory Saturday post, I decided to do a Monday Meals post instead.  I know I should pick and day and stay with it.  I wont; change anymore.  This is it MONDAY MEALS, where I will rate a meal I made and let you know how many individual dinners I got out of it and how much it cost all together and per dinner.

Hey if its a good meal but too expensive and time consuming I won't be making it again.  I want to build of recipes that are budget and time friendly. 


I got this recipe Now and Later Baked Ziti from
















Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup frozen chopped onions 
1 jar (4 lbs 3 oz) pasta sauce
1 1/2 lbs ziti - cooked but al-dente
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese


Directions:
cook the beef and onion in saucepot until meat is browned, pour out any fat. 
Mix in the sauce, ziti, 2 cups mozzarella.
Spoon the mixture into TWO 12 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch disposable foil pans.  Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.  
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.





Meal preparation: ………………...... 3 stars a lot to do.... cook the beef, boil the pasta


Baking/Cooking: …………………... 4 stars After I put the ziti in the oven it was done


Versatility: ………………………..... 4 stars I think you can add sausage if you want or change the pasta, so its as versatile as ziti can be.


Amount of time to make meal:…….... 4 stars after the preperation and cleaning the actual time cooking was only 30 minutes.  Next time I might cook the beef ahead of time.


Total price of meal:……………….... 5 stars I think the price of the meal was pretty good.  
2 lbs ground beef - $9.74 frozen chopped onions - (already had)
1 jar of pasta sauce - $5.29
ziti - $3.00
mozzarella cheese - $6.00
parmesean cheese - $5.00 
together the meal was $29.03. We got 8 dinners out of the meal, so that is $3.63 a dinner! And that was without any coupons.  If I got smart and used coupoons it would have been even cheaper. 


Total Rating:……..…………….... 4 stars

5 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

Baked ziti. YUMMMM! Sorry you've run out of time and money. I know the feeling. It's almost over...for another year. I guess all we can do is try to enjoy it!

Peanut said...

Ah time and money. They are always the killers. The baked ziti looks yummy. 8 dinners out of it is great.

i said...

Glad to hear Anthony is getting better. Saw his adorable smiling face over at Balboa's.

Ah yes, I know what you mean about the time and money. It's always tough this time of the year.

That looks really yummy! Would like to try it although from the look of it the prep takes a bit of a time there.

Anonymous said...

Baked ziti. Be still my heart!

Welcome to the SITS community!

Ash said...

So happy to read that your little one is doing better. A nebulizer is never fun - my Oldest (7) battles upper respiratory stuff all the time. Not fun.

That ziti looks fantastic!! And sounds easier enough for me to do.

Good luck with all your holiday prep - it is a nutty time.

Stopping by from SiTS - welcome to the gang!