Saturday, September 15, 2007

Looking Good.......

Okay, so Friday night we had our second Happy Hour at our Condo Clubhouse. Many people showed up, but sadly only Hope (also my neighbor) and I were the only two board members who were there.

I made sure I introduced myself to as many people as possible and mentioned that I was the newest board member. I spoke about all the possitive changes I wanted to make and got great responses. Plus I found out that I replaced someone whose term is not up till Oct 2008. So there is a lot that I can do and PLAN TO DO. We have four openings next month and many residents seemed open to voting in new members who are positive, responsible, and accountable to the residents of our Condo Association. It's just not enough to "sit" on the board, you have to....... take action, be available by phone and email, ask quetsions for the residents, participate, be neighborly, keep a budget, pay your maintenance on time, ....etc.....

Some outcomes of the party.......
  • looks bad for the board members who did not come
  • some residents volunteered to help bake food for the monthly meetings to make it a friendly atmosphere
  • was given the idea to start a welcoming committee
  • met many wonderful people who will hopefully start coming to meetings and holding the board accountable
  • many people do not like the managment company and want a change

3 comments:

Frasier said...

Good start......people like you because you are enthusiastic and know what you have to deliver

Jessica said...

You are doing a great job with the board position already. Sounds like it's going to be a good thing for you as well as others too.

Proud of you, Jessica

Katherine and Pippa said...

You are working so hard at this. You sound like a great board member - want to come and live in my block?

Kate