Tuesday, September 11, 2007

feeling better

So I haven't been exercising, but I get it at work. One of the schools I work in has seperate buildings, so I help walk the students to class. In addition, since I am so busy I don't have time to sit and eat, if I do get the munchies the only food I have in the office is raisins and natural (unroasted) almonds.

I keep eating my hard boiled eggs with 1 slice of low sodium bacon for breakfast. Eating eggs keeps me full in the morning.

I have planned my lunch and dinner for tomorrow. I made a salmon steak, string beans, and brown rice. I have enough for both meals, plus it keeps me from over eating.


I put up some of my home decor from Lakeside Collections. You see this when you open the door, it's in my little entrance cove. It's a little hard to see, but it has tealights in certain spots and brightens the dark hallway. Yes I know right mirror is a little crooked, but I measured for a half and hour, so I refuse to move it.


I also put up this decorative tealight and photo holder. You see it when you walk in, you either look straight into the kitchen or turn right towards the hallway and see this on the wall. I have to get pics of each of us and a group family photo.


This was dark brown, but I spray painted it taupe, I used a shine, but should have went with flat. I then ran sand paper over it to give it a rusted look. I think it looks good. This is on the long wall connecting my dinning room and living room.

You can kinda see the "rustic" look, or am I just kidding myself?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yummy dinner and healthy too. Salmon is my daughter's favorite. I don't cook it often enough.

You have a real talent for home decore. I love the metal works on the walls. And I bet the tea lights look really nice when they are burining.

Katherine and Pippa said...

I wouldn't have notice the crooked mirror if you hadn't pointed it out. But doesn't it annoy you now you can see it?

Your decorating is very imaginative. One up (more than one tbh) on my plain white walls.

Kate

Frasier said...

Its beautiful....I love the mirrors,very pretty.Just dont tell anyone that it is crooked...I did' nt notice at first.