Truthful Tuesdays by Confessions From a Working Mom

Have you ever lost something...
And came out a winner?
Absolutely! Before I met my husband, I was dating a boy who took my self-respect. I of course I did not know myself at nineteen years old. He enjoyed playing mind games with me and I soon became a mindless fool. I couldn't eat, put on makeup, wear the "right" clothes without consulting him. If we ran into his exgirlfriends, he would tell me how crazy and obsessed they were. This went on, until one day I stopped being a mindless servant and took back my dignity and self-respect.
I later found out that he did the same to all girls he dated, treated them like dirt and manipulated them. WHY??? Well, he finally came out of the closet, No Wonder!
I soon met my husband, and learned what a healthy relationship is. I may have lost my self respect during that time, but I got it back. I got back my confidence, self respect, self esteem and knowledge of who I am and the type of person I want to be.
Don't Want to Wear Those Shoes!
Yesterday I went back to work and my son went back to day care. Some working mothers might be sad that they had to go back to work and want to stay home. NOT ME!!!!!! I am very happy that I am back at work. Does this sound cruel or selfish? I don't mean to sound that way.
I LOVE MY SON, HE IS A MIRACLE AND I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. But, I can not stay home all day and play and entertain him. I am glad that I get to go to work, talk to adults, gossip, eat when I want, go to the bathroom when I want, sit in silence if need be to collect my thoughts.
Yes its hard being a fulltime mother and working fulltime, very hard We all think about winning the lottery and living a life of luxury, but I would still work. Besides the fact that I worked very hard to get where I am and truly enjoy what I do.
I must give props to all of you stay at home moms, you must go ALL DAY!!!!!!! Those are some big shoes to fill, and I don't want to be the one to even try them on.

Have you ever lost something...
And came out a winner?
Absolutely! Before I met my husband, I was dating a boy who took my self-respect. I of course I did not know myself at nineteen years old. He enjoyed playing mind games with me and I soon became a mindless fool. I couldn't eat, put on makeup, wear the "right" clothes without consulting him. If we ran into his exgirlfriends, he would tell me how crazy and obsessed they were. This went on, until one day I stopped being a mindless servant and took back my dignity and self-respect.
I later found out that he did the same to all girls he dated, treated them like dirt and manipulated them. WHY??? Well, he finally came out of the closet, No Wonder!
I soon met my husband, and learned what a healthy relationship is. I may have lost my self respect during that time, but I got it back. I got back my confidence, self respect, self esteem and knowledge of who I am and the type of person I want to be.
Don't Want to Wear Those Shoes!
Yesterday I went back to work and my son went back to day care. Some working mothers might be sad that they had to go back to work and want to stay home. NOT ME!!!!!! I am very happy that I am back at work. Does this sound cruel or selfish? I don't mean to sound that way.
I LOVE MY SON, HE IS A MIRACLE AND I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. But, I can not stay home all day and play and entertain him. I am glad that I get to go to work, talk to adults, gossip, eat when I want, go to the bathroom when I want, sit in silence if need be to collect my thoughts.
Yes its hard being a fulltime mother and working fulltime, very hard We all think about winning the lottery and living a life of luxury, but I would still work. Besides the fact that I worked very hard to get where I am and truly enjoy what I do.
I must give props to all of you stay at home moms, you must go ALL DAY!!!!!!! Those are some big shoes to fill, and I don't want to be the one to even try them on.
AAARRRRGGGG!
My son goes to a small family operated day care, WHICH I LOVE, and my coworker was already using-so I know it was awesome.
When I pick up my son, there are a caravan of cars filled with mothers waiting for their children to come off the bus. Figures, most of the time I am leaving, after having gotten my son, and trying to make a left onto the main road the bus comes and drops off the kids. Or as I am driving towards the end of the road the kids come off the bus and I have to wait for the herd to get on the car.
Well, some of these women got nerve!!!!!!
1-they pull up beside each other this is a small thin street and chat. HELLO do you not see me here?????
2-the kids take forver getting in the car. I would like to pass and you are letting your kid have a full length conversation. Why not tell your kid to move to let the car pass. Oh, why would they do that, oh heavens forbid. I picked up my kid TOO and want to get him home TOO. You live just up the friggin block, I have to commute!
3-THIS HAPPENED YESTERDAY- one of the mothers pulled her car out, as I was driving toward the intersection and was diaganol in the lane. Therefore I could not pass. WTF? she saw the bus coming and waited for her kids. WTF? ALl the kids slowly got into the cars, but her kid decided to have a conversation, and she started talking too! WTF? The worst part..... she used to work in our department in our school. OOOOH she saw the look I gave her. Sometimes she comes to our monthly working lunches, she better not even try being nice to me.
4 comments:
An enjoyable job - you must spill the beans on that one!! I was just reading a study about how most people despise their jobs...I do think you need to get in there and make that daycare more efficient though ;-)
I love it when people (such as you mention with the car) think they are the most important people at all times and don't care to think about inconveniencing anyone else. (did I spell that word correctly - it looks awfully long).
Anyway, hope things start running more smoothly for ya.
Even though I am a SAHM, I know what you mean about wanting to go back to work. Somedays I WISH I worked outside of the home and don't feel cut-out for this job. I say, if it makes you a happier mom, do whatever you have to!
Stopping by from Elizabeth's...
Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com
I am so sorry it's taken me so long to drop by and read your post. For some reason, your blog isn't compatible with my work computer or my laptop... but I persevered so I could thank you for playing along with Truthful Tuesdays!
And I am WITH YOU on the SAHM... I couldn't do it either. I think I could work a half day and be ok, but my 15 month old tires me out!
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
I'm a SAHM. But I wish I could be working, even just a few hours a day. Sometimes it gets lonely and stressful being a SAHM.
Post a Comment