Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Meals - Slowcooker Meatloaf and veggies

FOR MORE "MONDAY MEALS" CHECK OUT THE LEFT SIDEBAR.

HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR A GREAT TASTING AND MONEY SAVING MEAL, LET ME KNOW. I'D LOVE TO TRY IT OUT AND POST ABOUT IT.

Want to know more, follow the link money saving meals.

Slowcooker Meatloaf and Veggies



Ingredients:
3 lbs ground beef
2 eggs beaten
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons steak seasoning
5 small potatoes cut into cubes
½ cup carrots cut into small pieces
½ cup string beans

Directions
:
In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, eggs, 3 tablespoons ketchup, onion soup mix and steak seasoning using your hands. Put half the meatloaf into slowcooker, place half of veggies on top of meat, then place the remaining meat on top. Spread remaining ketchup over the top. Pour rest of the veggies around the meatloaf. Cover, and cook for 6 to 8 hours on Low, or 4 hours on High.

Meal preparation: ………………...... 3 stars cutting all the veggies and making the meat mixture took some time

Baking/Cooking: ………….………... 5 stars While the ingredients are cooking, you are free to do what you want!

Versatility: ………………………..... 5 stars You can add other veggies or make a turkey meatloaf if you choose

Amount of time to make meal:…….... 4 stars very little time to make meal

Total price of meal:……………….... 5 stars A money saving meal.

All together the meal was $15.29. We got 6 dinners out of the meal, so that is $2.55 a meal! And that was without any coupons. I like to keep lots of frozen veggies in freezer, just in case we need to make a meal.

Total Rating:……..…………….... 4 stars

This came out very good. Obvioulsy a little greasy from the meat, but I scooped out the meat and veggies with a pasta server and all was good. As we cut into it and scooped it out, the meat and veggies all mixed together and I kind of liked that. My DH ate it right up! Next time I'm going to try it with spinach, corn, and sweet potatoes.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm always looking for good slow cooker recipes. Ta.