Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Signature Style

So, as a DIVAS we need to identify our signature style..... Is it your perfume, the bracelets you wear, your style of shirts, your high heels, your hair, your eye makeup, ........

Well, my signature style is my curly black hair, my "Java Blue" handbag, my wardrobe based on shades of brown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you LOVE about yourself that does not fit the "ideal" image of beauty?

I personally LOVE my nose. I was often made fun of in my youth for a big nose. Now I adore my nose with freckles, and in the summer the freckles become more dominant. I DO APPLY LOTS OF SUNSCREEN, but those freckles shine and I love it. They are a part of me, a part of what makes me beautiful!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beauty is NOT stiletto high heels, pounds of foundation and concealer, fake body parts, size zero clothes,

Beauty IS confidence, power, independence, self-esteem, laughter. BEAUTY IS DIVAHOOD.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I have a co-worker that is full of fake body parts and wears a size zero. She thinks that is what makes her beautiful. I think it's sad. The other day she told me "As long as my husband can afford surgical procedures for me I will continue to be beautiful". I didn't understand that statement at all!!

You know what beauty is!

Jessica

Katherine and Pippa said...

I've not had long hair for years, but I started to let it grow a few years ago and I really enjoy it, so I know what you mean about the hair stuff.

I'm combining your questions here but I guess I've always been happy with my legs - and wearing trousers - not that they are long, but because I'm tall they look long. Optical illusion! I've got broad shoulders - hardly very feminine, but they give me confidence, and so does the height. It can be difficult being taller than lots of people so it is important to use it.

But I think the my style has to be within me. It's not a visual one. It's my independence.

I've started another - yes another - blog. It's for the thinky stuff. http://cloudsmovingin.blogspot.com


Kate

Louka said...

I don't really have a signature style. I wear what is comfortable, appropriate for the moment and will look good. I tend towards long, flowing skirts because they offer me a freedom of movement that most pants don't and bright colours, because, well, I love bright colours, especially red. Let's just say I'm easy to pick out in a crowd. I even had highlighter-pink hair, for a while. The funny part is that I had some people who said that it looked like my natural hair colour.

I don't know what I particularly love about myself. I don't really look at myself in the mirror that often. I figure that what I've got I can't change and it's just me. So it's all equally good. Besides, it's only physical. I'm smart, I'm funny and I can do anything, and that's what counts.

Keep on rocking, I love your blog

i said...

This is an interesting post. Hmm...I've never given it a thought before this and now that I have, I don't think I have one at all.

Lacy said...

Hi Karen, lol as u can tell now, i dont check my blog to often...if u like kinda wierd books check out Gerald's Game...her and her hubby went to their cabin in the woods and were gonna have sex, so he handcuffed her to the bed, then he dies... i most of the time read during spring and summer when i'm suppose to b workin in the garden...

Peace,
Claudette

Stylin said...

Let me see........
Cant think of anything,I generally like myself