Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WHY????? & update

UPDATE: After reading all the wonderful comments that were left on the previous post, I am now crying tears of relief, joy, and happiness. So what that my wallet was stolen..... it sucks, yeah. But staff at the school were so upset that they gave apologies and tried to find the wallet, some students gave their apologies and one boy even gave me a hug. I am glad that I work at a school that is filled with such caring staff and students.

I will not let one bad apple destroy my happiness.

I WILL NOT LET THIS INCIDENT DESTROY MY DIVAHOOD. This has taught me a lesson, lock up your wallet every second of the day. Now I'm gonna play with Balboa, nothing cheers me up better than my grunting and snorting little boy.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~

My wallet was STOLEN at work by one of the students!!!!!!!

I tried so hard to keep it together, but now I'm just done. I am sitting here sobbing uncontrollably. I have to pay $30 for a new drivers lisense, $30 THAT I DON'T HAVE!!!! I had to cancel all my credit cards and wait for new ones to come in the mail. WHY????????? What else is going to happen. WHY ME????? I occasionally bake cakes and even baked cupcakes for Valentines Day for those kids and they steal my wallet.

I hate feeling like this. I hate feeling down, because its so hard to get out of the funk. I just can't stop crying........................


*****

6 comments:

Peanut said...

uh sorry about your wallet. It sounds like you work in a good place though. Glad you aren't going to let this get you down for to long.

Louka said...

It's less the loss of the wallet and more the loss of faith that gets to you, in those cases. Someone I know had his wallet stolen out of his coat pocket when he stepped out of his office two minutes. In a big lawyer's firm. It's always a blow to see that your possessions aren't always magically safe. But you're surrounded by people who care about you and who will uplift you even during hard times and that's a good thing!

And of course our dogs can always help us feel better. That's one of the main reasons we have them, I think. They remind us of the unconditional love we deserve.

Keep on being your wonderful self.
Lou's mommy

i said...

Hi! Not sure how I stumbled across your blog and this particular post. It was just earlier this morning that I thought back about the incident when my purse was snatched by a biker a while back. It was a horrible experience and actually created a phobia for approaching bikes. Anyway, just to let you know I understand the feeling.

Katherine and Pippa said...

We helped someone into the block at Christmas. She had LOADS of shopping. And her wallet had been stolen - with hundreds of pounds in for Christmas shopping - when she was at the supermarket. I was pretty surprised as we live in a fairly honest place. But there will always be someone who thinks their need is greater than yours. Or maybe their greed. It also taught me always to keep an eye on my wallet and never put it down for an instant - which I have done in the past.

I am glad you received so much support from the staff and students. Fingers crossed that things will turn round for you Karen. Give Balboa a cuddle from us too.

Kate

The Brat Pack said...

I just found you! I'm so sorry about your wallet.

I just want to say that I read the text in your sidebar and you're my hero. :)

Maryann
http://spottedzebras.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you have got it in one with the phrase you used below:

"I will not let one bad apple destroy my happiness."

That is such a wise thing to say.

I am so glad you are feeling better, most human beings are good people, like you say, just one bad apple.

Take care, Jeannie and Marvin
ps it always cheers me up to be with my dog too. Especially when I first let him off the lead and he runs with the wind in his face, a look of pure pleasure!
xx And a special Scottish Hug for you as you were feeling so blue.