Sunday, February 24, 2008

trying to juggle all my eggs..............

Always a DIVA, even when its hard..........

I am so upset though, I wanted to take classes over the summer to earn more credits, but now we owe LOTS of money for taxes (cuz we are in a higher tax bracket ????). So now instead of making some more money so that I could get rid of my debt, I'm just paying off more debt?!?!?!?! ---- its just so fustrating!
.
.
It's funny............ everything happens for a reason. Sometimes its hard to understand, or it takes years to understand why, but there is a reason for everything. Some girls at work were/are pregnant, I am very happy for them. They are/will be great mothers. Years ago, all I could think about was getting pregnant. We've gone to fertility clinics but ran out of money and emotional strength. So I was hoping to take classes, to earn more credits, to make more money the next year...... so that eventually we could pay off debt to pay for fertility treatments and so Tony could be the stay-at-home parent. But now that plan is off.
.
So I'm back to everything happens for a reason..... Sure if we had a child now, we would probably be in worse financial standing and how would I juggling my job and pay for child care????? So I know that its better that we wait until we are at least halfway out of debt. It still doesn't make it easy, especially when people who are married for less years than Tony and I are pregnant, when each year I'm getting older, when it seems that I'm at that age when everyone is pregnant.
.
I also get very touchy about letting others know, because I can't stand the unsolicitated advice.
  • why don't you adopt
  • don't think about it
  • you're still young

OKAY, enough of me complaining and moaning. I have a wonderful and funny husband, I have a beautiful and loving doggie Balboa, I have great neighbors, I 'm enjoying being the Secretary on he Board of Directors at my condo association, I have an exciting job, I'm part of the DWB family, I live in a great neighborhood, I am getting healthier and back in shape every day, I love my signature style of curly black hair, I'm loving my new sexy red phone, hmmmm what else.... I'll have to get back to you......

What do you all love? What are you all proud of?

I have so many blogs to catch up on.....can't wait to see what you all been up to..

5 comments:

Pippa said...

The one thing that would freak me out would be having money problems. When I hear about the size of some people's personal loans (this is excluding their mortgages which they also have), I can't understand how on earth they manage.

Incidentally, I had quite a few friends at work who waited until their mid to late thirties/early 40s before they became pregnant. I never asked if that was deliberate or not, but by the time they became parents, they were at least financially in a good position, had good jobs, in long-standing relationships etc. Oh, and even though they were "older' mothers, they had straightforward childbirth.

This is not to minimise your issue when you both very much want a child, rather to say don't give up hope. It can all work out.

Kate
(I've been posting on dog blogs hence Pippa login!)

Louka said...

My parents struggled for years to have children before finally having my twin sister and I. It was emotionally and physically draining (not to mention financially), but when the time was right, it happened. As you said, everything happens (or doesn't) for a reason, in its own time. My mom was 37 when it finally happened for her, after waiting all her life. The timing just wasn't right until then, so the universe didn't cooperate until everything was perfect.

Don't give up hope, keep trying and keep up that amazing positive attitude!

Ferndoggle said...

Hey! I posted a comment on here yesterday and it didn't show up. Blogger makes me crazy sometimes!!

Anyway, I've watched a lot of my friends go through this and know how exhausting it can be. I think you have a wonderful attitude though and also believe everything happens for a reason. Not that it make it any easier.

I also despise unsolicited opinions on my life. Our friends & family are *finally* getting it...we're not getting married, we're not having kids and that's OK. We're happy & isn't that's what's important???

I wish more people shared your great outlook on life and could appreciate all of the blessings they have.

Jen

Oh & I know I haven't posted much on Lola's blog, but I have a new blog for '08:

http://jennyfern.blogspot.com/

It's the boring blog :o).

Stylin said...

Hi Karen
I know what you mean,I get that "why cant you have kids"
I dont want kids and I have been saying that since I was 12 !Nobody took me seriously!
I have a friend who is pregnant and makes sure she rubs my nose in it.It does not affect me at all though.She says things like people at home ask her mom why I am not pregnant but she is ?Now I have a 100 differant ways to answer that!But I am going to remember that I am a good person and will be nice about it.
I have never been happier in my life and thats all that matters to me.I will not get pregnant to compete with her!I want to spoil her child just like she was a niece etc to me.
But people can drive you crazy!
I truly believe that everything will fall into place in its own time

Anonymous said...

ok, what makes me feel love, is the fact that I have logged into your blog, 'cos you had made comments on Marvin's Hollow Hound previously......

I was feeling pissed off, totally pissed off with dog blogging and all the hassle it has been entailing just lately. Enough to think tonight was the night I deleted the two blogs tonight was the night cos of my depression with the whole blogging scene.

Then I read this post of yours.

Life is not a oompetition, life unfolds. Sometimes it is fair, sometimes it is not.

But whatever happens, kind of happens for a reason.

You have totally and utterly outlined what makes you tick and what makes you happy in your OKAY paragraph. Many people would not be happy or contented enough to outline those facts, so well done you!

I tell you - from one who also has a "funny and wonderful husband" you are one lucky Member of The Best Club In The World.

No worries about the babies, or Baby, they will come when they are ready. And if they don't come, well you have a well rounded life, with friends, family and health, take it from me, Babies are not everything.

I love my three kids dearly, but if I had not had them, I would have been something else, I would have been valued for what I am, like you a well rounded and happy person. And I would have been proud to be that person.

Having kids does not make you perfect, it is just another branch of life.

Value what you have, be happy each day, live for today, tomorrow is just a mirage.

Take care, thank you for sharing and no worries about catching up, blogging can be stressful.

Jeannie and Marvin xxxxx