Thursday, July 5, 2007

Karen's Chicken Parmigiana

Ingredients:
eggs
bread crumbs for hubby / gluten free bread crumbs for me
skinless boneless thin sliced chicken breasts
classico pasta sauce - any variety
gluten free pasta
fresh mozzerella

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
1. Marinate the chicken breasts in eggs, basil, oregano, and garlic powder for 1/2 hour
2. take each breast (coated in egg) and cover it in breadcrumb
3. place each breast on a pan sprayed with Pam
4. cook breasts on lower rack for about 20 minutes

At the same time.........
boil pasta, and heat sauce in a pan. Adding fresh basil, chives, and mint leaves to sauce adds that perfect touch.













5. once breasts are cooked, scoop on generous layer of pasta sauce
6. then add sliced mozzerella on top.
7. put breasts back in oven for another 10 minutes to melt cheese

ENJOY!!!!

3 comments:

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Karen,
Thanks for sharing. Yum yum, I can't wait to try this. My favourite chicken recipe is Honey Soy Chicken and we grill the chicken in a pan too cos we enjoy the sauce too much. it could be done over the fire too. If you enjoy chinese or perhaps Japanese food, we could share recipes! :)
Luckie's Mom

Luckie Girl said...

Oh karen,
I forgot..since this is your blog where you take note of what you eat. I thought you should hear what I ate today!Gosh, I had major cravings!!
Breakfast : 3 slices of wholemeal bread with butter and KAYA (that's a asian type of spread made of eggs, coconut milk, sugar and pandan leaves) one glass of non fat milk
Lunch : One portion of fried udon and chinese noodles. I think the key word is FRIED! 3 round FRIED squid balls 4 sticks of OTAH (that's another asian food made of fish meat, chilli, coconut milk)
Tea break : TWO donuts? chocolate ones..enuff said
Dinner : I felt guilty and has some tofu and vegetables.
I eat a lot huh? :)
Guess you can google up those food I mentioned..I have no idea how to make them other than those main ingrediants. Sorry for ranting, I should have just emailed you! LOL!
PS : I'd love to send you some Asian food (those prepacked paste) to try if you do take that? Something very localised and Singaporean. :)
You can drop me an email at ssmilezz@gmail.com

Michele said...

Hi Karen...
Thanks so much for posting this...I was going to ask you. I LOVE chicken parm!!! I can't wait to try it. I also LOVE the site colors...my favorite. I also love the Java Blue stuff too!!!I Love the Maggie bag!!!!

Post lots more recipes!!!

Michele ;)